Saturday, February 28, 2009

Home Sweet Home...MAYBE!

We have been house shopping this week. EVERYONE we talk to has opinions and MOST of them are somewhat, if not completely, contradicting to each other :) I know many of you have done the house shopping thing and I just want to know how you survived. We might have to just give up all together. One of my favorite things is all of the abbreviations...HOA, P&I, MMI, yd, WAR and the list goes on and on...so how hard is it to just say "homeowners association" instead of "HOA"? There was one particular agent that had abbreviations for 3 out of 5 words in each sentence...I'm pretty sure he sits at home each night and makes a list of ten new ones to use the next day. He even abbreviated the areas in Utah - P.G. (Pleasant Grove) S.F. (Spanish Fork) A.F. (American Fork). We are not from around here so its a little unnerving for P.G. to be clicking when he is already 2 topics and 10 abbreviations ahead of me. Not to mention all of the comparisons that need to be made with standard features vs. upgrades, square footage, locations, and once again the list goes on and on. This morning I have been on the Internet googling a wide variety of real estate jargon. And I guess the truth is that when it all comes down to it - I'll never really understand the differences in the efficiency of furnaces or the measurements of exterior walls, or the meanings of all of the abbreviations, but HOPEFULLY Brian and I will be able to make an educated and sound decision one way or the other (with the help and opinions of more informed people :)) But in the meantime...here are two of our front runners.
Pheasant Meadow, Orem

Pebblewood, American Fork

WISH US LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment