Thursday, February 19, 2009

Top 10

Because it has been so long and I have so many things that I could blog I've decided to do a top 10 list for everything that has happened since October...here it goes in somewhat chronological order. 1. HALLOWEEN ...it was awesome - and here is why...

Nice witches, of course! 2. BIRTHDAY - #23!!! I'm not going to post a picture for this...there are only 2 of me from the entire day because when mom is in charge of the camera and the grandkids are around...well, they just steal focus :) It was a great day though...we went to Burley and Brian got me a present every day for my "birthday week"...that's my boy! I just LOVE birthdays!! 3. MY FAVORITE PEOPLE I am very blessed. My best friends are my husband, my mom, and my sister Sarah...here's to you three - I LOVE YOU! (for the record...I love the rest of my family too :)

4. HOLIDAYS We traveled non-stop from our wedding in October to Brian starting school in January. It was a blast. We spent the Holidays in Burley, Boise, and had an Island Park Christmas at Papa's cabin!

Lots of Snow... Me & Rachel in Island Park The Front of the CabinThe Girls...."Hello?"

Christmas at the Bellistons Oh...and I got my long-awaited cricut expression for Christmas!!! I don't think I would have EVER bought it for myself, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! 5.HOBBIES I keep changing little things around the apartment and I have to post updates...I love decorating and there is always something to improve or something to change :) And I just love houses. On Sunday afternoons Brian and I go for drives and look at houses. We found our dream house the other day. We'll go back and take a pic so we can post it at some point...for now, our cozy little apartment!

6. FUN We really try to get out and do some things - here are some recent highlights... *Body Worlds - I don't know if anyone got a chance to see this in SLC, but it was incredible! The human body is truly an amazing thing and we should all be grateful for ours. Thanks for taking us Dad and Mom! *Shooting - We went to a range with some of Brian's family one afternoon and did a little target practice...I'm really not half bad...and I think shooting is a ton of fun! * John Schmidt Concert - Brian really loves his music and wanted to go so we did...it was REALLY entertaining...music and comedy! * Tumbling - We are both tumblers, which isn't something we can just do on a daily basis, but we went to a rec gym one night with a group of people and played around...Brian blows me out of the water, but I try to hold my own. 7. VISITORS We have really enjoyed our company. Everyone has been so good to come and see us...or come to Utah for another reason, and then see us while they are here :) *The Hemsley clan came down for a weekend and we went shopping at IKEA & Cabelas, to the aquarium, ate at the Mayan, and played wii...it was SO good to see them.

*Brian's parents came a few weekends ago to go to the concert with us. *Jon and Allie have been through a few times...to play a little catch phrase! ;) *My mom came and we held her hostage for 5 days :) Sorry Mom...we just love you so much. *And my good friend Katy is coming this weekend! Thanks for visiting...we love you all. 8. VALENTINES If you haven't figured it out...I love presents...I don't buy a lot things unless I can consider them as a "present" so when I have a chance I go a little overboard. I bought myself 2 Valentines presents in January, but I WAS good enough to give them to Brian to give to me :) I bought Brian 3 presents as well and he surpised me with a great pair of sweats...like I said - a little bit overboard, but at least I don't just buy stuff all the time! Hope everyone had a great VALENTINES! 9. C.A.L.I.F.O.R.N.I.A. We are moving to Cali this summer...it was between Denver and Fresno and the decision has been made. I'm excited because Brian is excited, but I'll miss Minnesota and some of the girls! Here's a pic from last summer when we went to Nauvoo.

10. WORK I'm a working woman! I'm working as a server at the Olive Garden and I just started Mary Kay. Serving is a job...it's quick cash. Mary Kay is something I'm starting because I LOVE their product and I can do it on the side. It is nice to bring in a little money though :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I miss you so much! I'm so glad you're my sister! Love ya tons. (I need a copy of the picture of my fam at the Mayan).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post!! I am so glad that you are updating it! We sure miss you and hope that we can get down to see you soon. I love the Mayan...it is so good. Hey we just got a Tucanos here, so next time you come our way we should go there!

    ReplyDelete