I got a job!! YAY! I'm working for a company in Chowchilla, CA called Agriland Farming. They own 12,000 acres of orchards and vineyards. I work in the office...it's lots of paperwork and excel spreadsheets...and the truth is - I LOVE IT - especially when compared to my previous work history of restaurants. The only downside is the 45-60 minute commute (each way) and the 25 yellow stoplights I hold my breath and cross my fingers through every day. Considering the job market in California and my limited time frame being here I am so INCREDIBLY GRATEFUL to have such an amazing job. So thank you to my dad for having connections and to Agriland for taking me on :)
Now that I have a job, Brian and I see even LESS of each other than we used to which pretty much cuts us down to Saturday nights and Sundays. I'm usually in bed or should be in bed by the time he gets home at night and he's always in bed when I leave in the morning so that's unfortanate, but we're trying to make it work :) One night they came home early and we went to a Fresno vs. Salt Lake minor league baseball game. I LOVE going to baseball games - I think it may be one of my favorite things ever.
On Mondays the girls do FHE together since all of our husbands are gone. FHE for us consists of food and watching The Bachelorette....I'm not complaining...2 of my favorite things in the world - I always look forward to Monday night.
So on our Saturday nights we usually go out to dinner...lately we've been doing group dinners, but I have a VERY specific plan for Brian and I one of these weekends when the group isn't doing anything. I want to go to this Bistro, Bentley's....they have live music and you sit outdoors under this beauftiful lighting and apparently the food is great....so that's my plan for one of these days :) On Sundays we do the traditional napping and sometimes go for walks. I usually bake something on sunday, too. I made AMAZING oatmeal chocolate chip cookies last week. And I made homeade bread a couple of weeks ago. It turned out really good and I honestly felt like Betty Crocker.
Other than that I've been making a LOT of cards. I love to make cards and scrapbook and I brought my cricut with me so it has been a favorite lately. Plus....a million people I know have June birthdays! And just for fun...I saw a BEAUTIFUL little bird yesterday. It let me touch it!!...which normally I wouldn't touch a bird, but it was so PRETTY! It was something tropical - I don't know anything about birds, but it was definitely one I've never seen just flying around outside before. I got a little pic of my birdie friend just to post on my blog.
So that's a lot I guess!
Here is the quick version if you scanned and didn't want to read the whole thing :)
I got a job, Brian and I don't see much of each other these days, but we like our weekends together, I love Mondays because of good food and the Bachelorette, I am hopeful that I will be the next Betty Crocker, I've been making so many cards that I should open shop, and I have a beautiful new birdie friend.
Looks like you guys are having FUN in California!!
ReplyDeleteI miss you! I'm so glad you updated your blog, it totally made my morning!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are enjoying your time in California!! That's too bad you and Brian don't get to spend much time together, but at least you have the weekends!!
ReplyDelete