My parents came to Fresno last week for a little visit! It was heaven to have them here for a few days. Brian didn't spend much time with us because he's such a worker bee, but we had a blast. We went to Yosemite National Park one day to see the huge Redwood trees, to Monterey & Carmel one day, and shopping around Fresno one day. The night before they left, Brian and I stayed at their hotel room until 2 AM. When we left I was pretty darn upset. If you know me very well, you know I'm not much of a cryer, but boy did I shed some tears :( I love moving around and all of the experiences we have - and I really do get comfortable & used to where we are - but then I get a glimpse of what it's like to be with family on a regular basis and it breaks my heart. If you have family around, or fairly easy access to family - seriously try not to take it for granted, it's a huge blessing.
Standing at a Redwood....this was by far not the biggest one...they are INCREDIBLE!
I thought about your post this afternoon while I was cleaning my bathroom and mom was in the kitchen doing my dishes. I am VERY lucky and thankful she's around...BUT when you're visiting family it seems like you get to go to funner things! I'm glad mom and dad got to visit and you guys had fun...wish I could have come too! Miss you.
ReplyDeleteI agree having family close by really is a blessing. Looks like you guys had lots of fun!!
ReplyDelete