Sunday, July 5, 2009

ALL Play & NO Work!

Brian got a day off!!! YAY! That seriously NEVER happens with this job, so to have a Saturday off...and a holiday in this case...was so much fun! We went to San Francisco for the weekend with a couple other couples. We ended up staying at a really nice Marriot right downtown and spent our time at Pier 39 & Fisherman's Wharf. We took a boat ride out to the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz which was really cool. There was a super cute little magic show that we caught and then of course the fireworks, too. Today we went to the beach for a few minutes and by the Oakland Temple...it is GORGEOUS! Sometimes you don't realize how breathtaking temples are by looking at pictures, but standing there looking at it definitely was incredible. Bri & Me, Mitch & Roz
Yay for the good news!!!
Welcome to our street!
The Scott boys and their girlies in front of the Golden Gate Bridge
I love the steep roads!! A little scary to drive on, but super cool.
Pier 39... Me & Bri, Mitch & Roz, Jon & Allie The Golden Gate Bridge from the boat...it was wet & a little cold...hence the layers of clothing! Alcatraz Firework time!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED San Fransisco. There is so much to do and see there. I'm gealous you got to go! (Okay, I'm glad you got to go, I just wish I could have gone too!) I'm glad you had a fun weekend...enjoy the fun times while it's just the two of you, you'll be glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun. I love San Francisco. Just wish that we could have been there with you guys to enjoy the fireworks and such too. I had to work that night so I enjoyed them from a patients room... good times :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you are having such an awesome time in California! What an awesome adventure for the two of you!
    Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you-I didn't realize I'd gotten a comment! :) I did the pictures like that with photoshop. I got it for my birthday last year, I just got it from Costco with a coupon for like 50 bucks-best money I've ever spent-it is so fun!! So, if you don't have it-I totally recommend it!
    Enjoy some of that California sun and the beaches for me!

    ReplyDelete